The Marketing Lane is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Marketing Lane may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 7th April 2019.
This policy applies to:
• All Clients (individuals using the services of The Marketing Lane)
• Prospective Clients (individuals who have made enquiries with us regarding possible services but have not subsequently become clients of the business)
• All Third Parties and Suppliers with whom we have dealings in the ordinary course of our business.
Any reference to ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘the company’ shall mean The Marketing Lane.
Any reference to ‘you’ or ‘Data Subject’ shall mean any individual for whom we hold personal data.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection laws including GDPR. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
• Accurate and kept up to date.
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
• Kept securely.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
• Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
• Business-related information including website information, email addresses, contact numbers and addresses
• We will not ordinarily collect, store and use any data which is defined under GDPR as “special categories” of more sensitive personal information.
What We Do with the Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• Administering the agreement that we have entered into with you. (Provision of advertising services)
• Business management and planning, including accounting and auditing.
• To market other products or services which we offer which may be of interest to you
• To inform you about updates about the Company and advise you of an opportunities or promotions
• Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap, and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send you email newsletters, promotional emails, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by e-mail for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• We will not disclose your data to third parties (other than third party service providers) unless you have consented for us to do so or we are otherwise required to do either contractually or under another law or enactment.
• We may exchange your personal information if all, or substantially all, our assets are merged or acquired by a third party, or we expand or re-organise our business, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets or we may need to transfer your information to new entities or third parties through which our business will be carried out.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
We use Google Analytics to process our website data and user information. You can read Google’s data processing and compliance here: Google Business & Data policy
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
The Marketing Lane website is hosted on web hosting platform supplied by SiteGround. Where possible we will ensure that data is held in UK based data centres. Where this is not possible or practical, we will ensure that the web hosting platforms contract to comply with GDPR.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In respect of Client data, we will typically hold data relating to your instructions for a period of 7 years after completion of the matter. The reason for this is that the Limitation Act 1980 typically provides that legal proceedings for breach of contract or negligence can be brought up to 6 years after the events. We, therefore, have a legitimate business interest in retaining the data should any subsequent legal proceedings.
Contact and further information
If you have any questions or wish to submit a complaint then please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office or such other regulatory body or supervisory authority as may be appointed from time to time.
If you make a complaint then we will respond to let you know how your complaint will be handled.
A copy of the information will be provided free of charge. However, a ‘reasonable fee’ may be charged when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. This fee is based on the administrative cost of providing the information